Visiting Places

Places of Visit Near By the Vidyalaya

    Vishalla village & Utensil Meseum: Situated 5km southwest of the city centre, the air is clear, and the village is a small oasis of vegetation in an otherwise suburban area. Take bus No31 from the city centre or an auto-rickshaw for about R50.
    The Calico Museum of Textiles ,Shahibagh
    MG Road and Manek Chowk
Moti Shahi Mahal in Shahibaug
The Sabarmati Ashram, Built in 1915, Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, watched and guided the Indian Freedom Movement from here. It has since been converted into the Gandhi Memorial
    Swaminarayan Temple, AksharDam  20km
    Shopping: C.G.Road, Ashram Road, Law Garden, and Relief Road
Kankaria Lake Created by Qutb-Ud-Din in 1451, the Kankaria Lake is surrounded by     gardens. It has a zoo, an aquarium, and a children's park. In the middle of     the lake is an island palace that has 34 sides, each side is 60 metre long
Teen Darwaza Sultan Ahmed Shah built these arched gateways as the royal entrance to     the Maidan Shah or Royal Square
Hatheesing Jain Temple Intricate carvings on white marble, the Hatheesing Jain Temple is one of the    finest Jain temples in Ahmedabad. A must see.
Sarkhej Roza A unique complex of buildings, that do not have any arches and use pierced    stone trellises.
Shaking MinaretsThough damaged by the recent earthquake in 2001, this unusual pair of minarets are located in the mosque of Sidi Bashir, near the Ahmedabad    railway station. The amazing thing about them: if one shook the other also    rocked in sympathy.
Sidi Saiyad Mosque Sidi Saiyad Mosque was constructed in 1571, by Ahmed Shah's slave Sidi    Saiyad. It has ten semicircular windows that have a splendid filigree screen.
Dada Hari Vav (Stepped Well) Built in 1501 it was constructed to provide a cool resting place and water    for travellers. It has a flight of steps leading down to a lower platform    terminating at a small, octagonal well
Jama Masjid Built in 1423 this mosque is one of the most beautiful mosques in western    India. Its grand scale is awe-inspiring
Rani Sipri Mosque  The mosque was built in 1514 by Queen of Mahmud Shah Begda and houses her remains
Science City 16km